Lavinia

Lavinia

Firmin: Adventures of a Metropolitan Lowlife - Sam Savage, Michael Mikolowski Living among (and devouring) books, possessing an enormous general knowledge, sipping coffee and wine, going to cinema, eating peanut butter, living in a writer's house, listening to good music and playing piano; tell me who wouldn't like that? Firmin is everything the average man cannot be, that's why we like him. So he's funny, witty, falsely thinking that others understand him (don't we all?) but his bohemian existence ends sadly and beyond Scollay Square's demolition I can see Savage's own disillusion when this actually happened.

***

Un barbat dintr-un bar m-a intrebat odata ce gust au cartile, "asa, in general". Aveam un raspuns deja pregatit, insa ca sa nu se simta complet aiurea, m-am facut ca ramin citeva clipe pe ginduri, inainte de a-i raspunde: "Draga prietene, data fiind prapastia ce desparte toate experientele tale de ale mele, pot sa-ti spun ca nu exista decit o singura aroma aparte care se apropie cit de cit de aceea a cartilor, si anume aroma de cafea. "

:D