Lavinia

Lavinia

The History of Love - Nicole Krauss I feel I didn't treat this book right and should have liked it more; tried to read it while I was busier than a bee and hooked on "Brothers and Sisters", so I practically read it in many short sittings, except for the last part. Well anyway, I can't get over this: too much serendipity. Real life is never like this. But, again, this is probably why we seek refuge in books and films in the first place. Or maybe life's exactly like this: little serendipities happen every second but we're just too focused on our little nothings to notice them. Now I'm totally confused.

And just for the sake of ranting --- can Romanian publishers stop being so lame when it comes to publicity? The back cover mentions (in 2007) that Alfonso Cuaron was about to make a film based on the book. Well, it's 2010 and not even his future projects mention it. The same thing happened to [b:The Reader] (published in 2002), when they wrote that Juliette Binoche was going to portray Hanna in the film version. I just wish they stopped reading gossip magazines and focus on the real stuff.