Lavinia

Lavinia

Bossypants - Tina Fey Had it not been for Amy Poehler, I would have never started watching SNL, read extensively about its creators, past and current writers, hosts (let alone some of the cast members whom I fell for), enjoyed musical guests I wouldn’t have otherwise listened to (Nicki Minaj, anyone?), watched every Lonely Island video available and the 7 minutes in Heaven with Seth, Jason, Kristen, Amy and who else? (still waiting for Andy to make an appearance, btw -L.E. He did!-); and yeah, I would have never liked Tina and obviously wouldn’t have read the book. Because, truth be told, I still don’t get along with 30 Rock (L.E. I do now, it's awesome!), though, now that I know what I know (assuming Wikipedia and imdb.com count as extensive reading and why wouldn’t they?) and now that I’ve seen Alec Baldwin amazingly hosting SNL for a few times and developed a semi-crush on him too, I might give it another chance and pay more attention to it and its resemblance to SNL. I lost the track of what I’m saying, so in a nutshell: this was supposed to be about Tina’s book, and it’s not. It’s about how SNL feeds my pop culture addiction and how much I’m enjoying it. And it’s also about how I secretly dream of working with the cast for a week and be Seth’s anchor at Weekend Update. Then I’ll probably die or something.